The Countdown Begins

I gave my 3 week notice on Monday. School starts on Monday the 30th. It’s hard with friends here and such drastic changes having to occur in order to take the path I have chosen. We have to sell our house as soon as we can, I have to find a new job as soon as I can, we’ll have to live in an apartment after having a house the whole time we’ve been married, we’ll have to move to a different and busier part of the state away from all family for the first time in our lives, and we’ll have to live a paupers (even worse than we have been). PA schooling leaves no time for work.

This entry was posted in What's Up?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Countdown Begins

A paupers life isn’t to hard, if you have faith. 🙂

2. Kari says:

We don’t have to move, but I am feeling you on living like a pauper.

3. Geof says:

Wow, I didn’t realize that you were going back to school so soon, Roger. Good luck with all that! 😀

Eric: I have faith, but Krissy likes to buy stuff…:???:

Kari and Geof: Thanks. All encouragement is…well…encouraging.

I know what the “pauper” feeling is like. Our income has been about 20% below our expenses for over two years now. On paper, it never works out, yet God always provides and we squeak by. About the only thing we haven’t completely cut out, is the occasional eating out. Otherwise, we cut ALL unnecessary expenses, and even many we thought were necessary.

6. brian says:

does this mean less of roger on the boards?

7. the Sage says:

Where are you going to school? I did not know this.

Yeah, its a pretty interesting experience to go from the best income of your lifetime (in my case) to a totally fixed income. We’re determined to live off our savings and the gifts people have given us for our first year at seminary, as we will have 17-18 hours each semester, including both Greek and Hebrew at the same time, to deal with.

Its interesting living on a budget where there is absolutely no room for frills (eating out, that new CD, roses for the wife)…but probably good for our sanctification!

Brian: Yes less of me on the boards. But I will still check in daily, I’m pretty sure. Time between classes and all…

Sage: I’m finishing my last year at University of Maine-Orono, then I plan on heading down to the University of New England for a Physician’s Assisstant degree.
    Right now is the best income of my life, but since that’s not saying much, it is definitely time to finish school.

9. cousin dave says:

I am here for ya cuz! Lemme know where ya moving to!

Yay! Cousin Dave returns! And with him the promise of hope for the future! :rmfo:

11. Doughtys says:

Wow, we had no idea any of this was going on. I guess we should check the site more often. Lot going on here you know. So what are the dtails of everything? Where are you going to school? Where are you moving to that is so far away? I guess I didn’t get it all by reading what’s been happening. Good luck down your new path.