Oh, The Snow!

It’s good to be back.

My body is sore from shoveling almost two feet of snow between Thursday and Friday (it really seemed like more, though). I went outside multiple times per day to keep on top of it all. It is easier to shovel 3-4 inch increments than just shovel twice at 1 foot of snow each time. It’s a good thing that it stopped snowing when it did, though, because I was completely beat by Friday night. I have a pile of snow just as high as the lamp post in my front yard (which is my height). The fire hydrant is almost invisible, but the city will be by to rectify that soon enough (and dig up half our lawn…).

At least snow is the worst “natural disaster” we have to worry about around here, so I can’t complain too much!

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Oh, The Snow!

1. Hannah says:

😯 Roger, I’m catching you talking about the weather again!

We got around two and a half feet. Our front yard is completely baried under Phil’s plowing pile. It’s gotten so big, you now have to plow our driveway into the side field. The snowmobilers had a ball this weekend in our fields and on the lake — you could tell they were excited to get out after such a lousy non-snow season.

I have to talk weather…my whole body is screaming about the weather!

3. Hannah says:

Harr harr.. i hear you there. I tried to shovel off our back porch which was up to my hip with six inches of packed ice underneath from the previous snowfall. Let’s just say… it didn’t work.

Anyway, I give myself a waiver for extreme weather. I need to take pictures before sunny days like this weekend and today melt all the snow.

I hate the snow… 😈 and the neighbors who are supposed to keep the driveway plowed. … and don’t. 🙁

6. Hannah says:

you are melting now 😯 wow – we’re scheduled to still get more. and possibly some ice tonight.

7. Hannah says:

If all that snow is going to be dumped on us, it should at least stick around and look all
    nice for a while instead of immediately melting and looking like crap.

9. Andy Slaughter says:

..and to think that here in the south, we’re having some nice 60 degree pre-spring
    weather.:smile: