We’re Back and Diet Starts Today

We made it back safe and sound from the wild lands of New Hampshire. There are nothing but uncivilized Massachusettians as far as the eye can see. That really damages the value of land in NH. 🙂

The ladies I work with are starting the South Beach Diet today. I work with them all day and have reached my uppermost tolerable weight limit, I shall join them in this venture. Since we were away all weekend, we didn’t do any shopping preparation for this occasion (guess where we’ll be tonight). Now I have nothing to eat for breakfast or lunch. Should be easy to lose that weight!

Later,

PS: I just updated the menu font colors. Please let me know what you think. -Roger

This entry was posted in What's Up?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to We’re Back and Diet Starts Today

1. Hannah says:

The green is definitely better. The brown… well, I’d give it a 6 on a scale of 10 on readibility.

Enjoy your diet!

(and if you feel the need to break it, I suggest the Happy China Buffet — mmmmmmmmm — Phil and I ate there on Saturday on the way to Ellsworth)

2. heather says:

Colors are easier to see this way, but I agree that the brown-on-black feels harsh to my eyes.

Jeff tried SB diet and hated it. The induction phase is the worst, but if you can pull through, it will be worth it!

I really have a hard time understanding where you are coming from on the brown because I don’t have any problem seeing it at all from either Firefox at home or IE at work.

I’ll work on it, though.

I can do the first two weeks of SB easily. I have a mindset to do it and plus I almost made the first two weeks of Atkins, so this should be a snap.

4. Hannah says:

The brown isn’t *bad*, it’s just not pleasing to the eye. Maybe if you made the links bold, that would help… hmm… or not. I think white on black looks great for links – but maybe that doesn’t fit with your monkey theme (unless you have some albino monkeys)

5. Andy Slaughter says:

I like it.

6. Keith says:

I would suggest brightening up the orange/brown a bit (try something like #FF9900).

But to be terribly analytical (I do work in a publications office), colors opposite one another on the color wheel compliment one another very well. The orange & green are relatively close to one another (like 30 degrees or so, where 180 is ideal). So I would suggest you try changing the green to a blue like #0066FF, or changing the orange to more a purple like #9900CC, and see if you like either of those combination better. I personally like a orange/blue combination, but it’s your site… give both options a poke and see what you think.

Orange and green have a personality to them, and maybe that’s more important to the look you want than straight asthetics.

~Keith

I was looking for more thematic than aestetic…

PS: It’s not orange. It’s orangutang brown. 😉

9. Keith says:

And what about the red when I hold my mouse over the Orangutan Brown, what’s that called? 😉

Red. (duh). But it’s Bold as well.

🙂