Sinus Breeding Ground

It seems I’m always battling a sinus infection. Or bronchitis. I think they like to tag-team me. I’ve been feeling run-down and that’s taken away from my productivity at home. I tried to get to bed early last night, but it didn’t really work. We’ll see about tonight.

In other news, have you ever really thought about an infection? Billions and billions of tiny microbes (I usually talk bacteria) multiplying at an enormous rate…using your bodily fluids for nutrition and spawning grounds…packing your sinus cavities like tiny shipping peanuts…crowding each other until it feels like they’re going to split your skull in two…draining into your throat, feeling as if they are dragging knives down the lining as they descend…only to end up in your stomach, churning in a watery grave of acid…at least the ones that don’t make it into your lungs as you sleep…

No? Me either.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sinus Breeding Ground

1. Cousin dave says:

Multivitamins are good! But the Vitamins didn’t prevent me from breaking my foot lol!

2. julie says:

Insight from a healthcare profession (that would be me): That was so disturbing. I can’t believe he made me squimish… how dare he… after everything I do, after all I’ve seen, I can barely handle reading about his billions of tiny microbes….

lol… good job, get well soon, and get an allergy test to see if there is somthing environmental causing your reaccuring illness…

You work in healthcare, too?

I am the allergy/asthma expert.

Dave, when did you break your foot?

4. julie says:

yup yup… i’m a personal support worker, I work in a nursing home. Good times. 😀

What is “personal support worker” in laymen’s English?

6. julie says:

Health care aid. I do all the personal care except medications. Feeding. Clothing. Bathing. Dancing and winking with old men… all that jazz. It’s an awesome job…. what do you do?

I’ve spent 3 years schedule all types of appointments for patients at a PCP office, then I moved on to Registration (also called Access) for the hospital. I’m the Registration Supervisor at a satellite clinic which has Walk-In Care, Lab drawing station, X-Ray, Mammogram, Diabetes Center, PT-OT-Speech-EMG-Physiatry-etc, Eye surgery, Retina Specialist, MRI, and some others I’m not thinking of.

My entire family seems to have a nursing degree and I have a Pre-Veterinarian degree. 🙂

8. Cousin dave says:

Sunday morning! Quite a boring story how it happened as well… Was going to close my door the rest of the way with my foot and bam! Hit the corner of the wall instead! I guess spin kicks are not my strong point!

Spin kicks are not boring! You should type up the story and post it!

Who do you think you are, Chuck Norris?