POW: March 20th, 2006

Previous POW:  I don’t remember what it was, but I remember that I finished it.

This week:  I have a new tube of bathroom adhesive caulk.  Time to finish the bathroom caulking that I wanted to do a few weeks ago.

Other things on my list for (hopefully) this week:

• Clean up my computer desk
  • Cancel my Chase MasterCard (it needs to go).
  • Find a map of the US with removable or magnetic states
  • Possbily consolidate my student loan
  • Empty my digital camera in preparation of going away this weekend.

Let’s see how I do!

This entry was posted in Project of the Week. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to POW: March 20th, 2006

I would keep the credit card. Especially if you have had it for awhile. It looks better on your credit. Just put it away and don’t use it.

You can always put it in a freezer bag full of water, and then freeze it. That way you won’t use it. 🙂

I can always cancel is and not use it. I couldn’t care less about the effect on my credit rating. Then again, if I called an had the limit dropped to, say, $1,000 and then froze it, that wouldn’t be so bad.

Then again, I don’t want anyone getting into the freezer, finding a credit card, and taking it home.

Dropping your credit limit would be as bad for your credit raiting as canceling it. If you don’t care about your credit, then canceling it is the safest approach.

I’ll keep it safe for you! 😈 muhahaha!

(Edited to the “twisted” smiley instead of the “evil” smiley -Roger)

That’s stupid. My accounting teacher told me that when you apply for a loan (let’s say a car loan like the one I’ll have coming up in the next year or so) they check how much available credit you already have. If you have so much credit that, if you wanted to, you racked up all your cards and then couldn’t pay off your car loan, then they are less likely to give you yet another loan.

I’ve always been happier playing my game as opposed to playing everyone else’s.

Check out Clark Howard sometime. His advice is somewhat different.

Your credit rating is based on your total amount of credit available, and how much you have used. If you have $12,000 total credit, and $2,000 used, that is good.

But say you have $2,000 total, and $500 used. That is still pretty good. However, if you now cancel a credit account, your total credit limit drops to $1,000. Now your in bad shape, since your using half of your available credit limit.

The car loans look at several factors… your credit score being one of them. The older your account it is, and the more available credit you have, the better your credit score.

Sure you don’t want me to the card safe for you? 😈

I hate credit. It would be nice to go back to the barter system. That way if some one doesn’t pay you can club them (with your frozen in ice credit card if you wish) and you don’t have to worry about them not having any cash they’ll always have something you can take for payment. Say like a chicken, a nice wooden axe, or even . . . maybe a monkey.

Oh, for the days when goods and services could be exchanged for various species of monkey!